Saturday, September 27, 2014

Living a life "free from sin"



Living free from sin
          After we become Christians we are supposed to live sinless holy lives because Christ has “set [us] free from sin (Romans 6:18; Romans 6:22). We are commanded to live holy and pleasing lives before the Lord fleeing from sin and unrighteousness.  If we are freed from sin then why do we go on committing sin? Where is the promised freedom from sin? Have you, like me, ever struggled with persistent sin? While struggling with sin this phrase “free from sin” always confused me. I would cry out to God “what do you mean I am freed from the power of sin? I can’t stop it”. If that is or has ever been true for you I would encourage you to follow my blog in the coming weeks as I explore this topic and hopefully explain in a clear simple way how we are freed from the power of sin.

Over the next few weeks I will be discussing this topic. Feel free to comment (politely please) as I hope this study provokes a deep and loving discussion that is rooted in the word of God and is "good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."

* I will say that this series of blogs will be aimed primarily at Christians, who believing and trusting in Christ have been saved. If you aren't a Christian feel free to follow this blog anyway just be aware of who it is aimed at.

No comments: