Friday, July 31, 2015

What's wrong with America and the world!

Here is what is wrong with America and the World. 



Here is my Political and National view!

I know this will offend some people, but I am almost offended by it too so if I can take it I am sure that you can as well.


     "Can wicked rulers be allied with you, those who frame injustice by statute? They band together against the life of the righteous and condemn the innocent to death." -Psalm 94:20-21. What a description of what we see all around us today! Injustice it not only allowed but placed in law. But what an encouragement in the next verse... "But the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge." vs 22. The next verse should be comforting to some but terrifying to others. Talking of the wicked rulers, "He will bring back on them their iniquity and wipe them out for their wickedness; the Lord our God will wipe them out." vs 23. This is some pretty strong language. This is not just speaking of the national rulers in our world, but rulers in all areas of life; rulers of organizations, companies, clubs, committees, reading groups, and even those who claim rule of their own lives are all recipients of this promise.
      
       Now I really dislike what nearly every politician or political leader does, but let me tell you if you have sinned you are in the exact same boat as them and the promise that God gave to wipe them out is the same for you! Don't be so quick to condemn them forgetting what you also have done. Let me tell you, the problem does not lie as much with our leadership as it does in our own selves. Take a look at the bible and you will see that God allows people to have leaders that match them. He will give people the same type of leaders that they already are in their hearts. He gives wicked leaders to wicked people. Each of us needs to take a look at ourselves first before we go pointing the finger.

     Now you are not going to like me saying this, but I am going to anyway. If you want to point a finger at evil you don’t need to look at those around you all you need to do is take an honest look at yourself and you will see it. You will not have to look very hard. I know I don’t have to. Start with yourself! 2 Chronicles 7:14 says “if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” It doesn’t say if the leaders are changed or if the leaders start to behave the land will be healed. My word! This passage doesn’t even mention the leaders it mentions the people! God says “if my people”. This lies solely on the shoulders of those who profess to follow God! Dear Christians, shame on you if you look at the world around you and condemn it while ignoring the sin in your own life! You start with your own sin and repent of that first! Dear brothers and sisters, shame on you if you condemn what any leader in this world does if you aren’t spending time on your knees praying for them! See also 1 Timothy 2 which says, “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior.” God doesn’t say first of all “Express your dislike over what they have done, and tell them and everyone else about it.” God says first of all “pray”! Now don’t get mad at me for saying that, because I did not say that. God is the one who says that so you just take it up with him. Now I want you to know that this was aimed at me as much as it is at you!
    
     People always say that if God is loving, holy, and just he would have wiped out sin and wickedness in the world. God has promised to do that exact thing, but let me tell you it is precisely because he is loving and merciful that he has not done so yet. To wipe out sin and wickedness would be to wipe out all of the human race. So he has postponed the judgement because he “is not willing that any should perish”.  God has said that everyone has sinned and the wages of sin is death. Wages are something you earn. Some people argue that God is mean in condemning and giving out the death sentence unjustly, those are not things that God gives to us, but are things that we have worked for and earned.


     When I was writing before that was aimed at those already professing Christ, but now I come to those who have not accepted Jesus Christ. You see every person has sinned and earned eternal death in Hell, everyone from Obama and Hitler to Mother Teresa and Mahatma Gandhi. The only difference between a true Christian and everyone else is that Christians have accepted the gift offered to all people by God. By saying “true Christian” I am referring to the fact that not everyone claiming to be a Christian is in fact a Christian. Now do not get mad at me for saying that, because again that is what God himself says, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven … On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ Matthew 7:21-23. God says many people claim to serve him that do not. 

     There are a lot of silly notions out there about what is required to be saved and go to heaven, but God gives us only one way which I will make clear in a moment.  I said before that God does not want anyone to perish, and because of his great love for us he was willing to exchange wages with us. By “exchange wages” I am talking about him taking our earnings from sinning, which is death, and giving us his wages from being pure and holy, which is eternal life. He loves us so much that he offers to take what we have earned, our wages which are much more likened to debt, and offer us what he earned by purity and righteousness. This is his gift. It is a gift because we have not earned it, we never could earn it, and do not deserve it. The only requirement for this gift is acceptance. If you have not already trusted in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation God only asks one thing of you. John 6:29 “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent [Jesus Christ].” That is all that he asks of you. He doesn’t say “live perfectly” nor does he say “just abstain from sinning ever again”. Every Christian sins every day, even the Apostle Paul sinned daily, and I know that I certainly do. That is not an excuse to sin, you see as a Christian you will never be more miserable than when you sin, you will find that you no longer want to live in sin. God said believe in Jesus Christ. That is his only requirement for the gift of salvation and the forgiveness of your debt. Turn from your sin and yourself and give your life to Jesus looking only to him for your salvation. I said before that this is a gift, God has extended this gift out to every person, but let me ask you a question. If I held out a gift to you in my hand, let’s say a thousand dollars or the deed to a new house, would my gift do you a bit of good if you did not reach out and accept it? It is the same with God’s gift of salvation. He does not force you to take it and if you don’t accept his gift the promise in the opening of this post still applies to you because God is holy and he will wipe out evil completely one day. The gift is extended to you but take care because there will come a time when it is too late to accept the gift he has offered to you.

So there is what is wrong with America and the World as a whole: the people of God are unrepentant and don't pray as we are called to, and there is wickedness in the heart of each person that they refuse to see. And there is the solution also: repentance and salvation.

No comments: